Al Caucci Fly Fishing
Clark Fork & Bitterroot
Al Caucci's Biography
Your fishing logs at Ecolure
Friends of the
1250 Winterdale Road
Starlight, PA, 18461
Phone : 1 ( 570 ) 635 - 5897
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
How to tie a Hi Viz Isonychia Parachute
By Al Caucci
Isonychias are a staple
on the Delaware System from June through September.
This version is tied with heavy hackle to keep it floating and
an orange post for low light visibility fishing.
Hook: Daiichi 1280 - size to match natural
6/0 Rusty Brown
Tail: Split Fibbets
Mahogany Spectrumized Dubbing
Wing: Orange Hi Viz
1. Wrap hook shank with tying thread as indicated, tie in fibbets and
split with a figure eight wrap, then wind thread forward to 1/3
behind the eye.
2. X wrap the Hi Viz in on the bottom of the hook like a spinner wing
(view is bottom of hook shank).
3. Pull both sides of the Hi Viz to the top of
the hook and wrap as a post.
4. Tie in two oversized hackle feathers (shown
are #8 hackles on a 12-2xl hook).
5. Dub the body to just in front of the parachute post.
5. Wrap both feathers around the post- the more wraps the better.
Tie off the hackle at the base of the post and trim.
5. Push the hackle out of the way, finish dubbing to the head, whip